API Aquarium Salt
AQUARIUM SALT supplies the electrolytes fish need to help them breathe easier and remain healthy in their new surroundings.
- Promotes fish health
- Improves gill function; making it easier for fish to breathe
- Provides essential electrolytes fish need to reach peak colouration and vitality
- Reduces stress
- Facilitates osmoregulation
- Promotes disease recovery
Follow API Easy Care Guide and use AQUARIUM SALT when:
- Starting a new aquarium
- When doing water changes
- Solving fish problems
Electrolytes are essential for the uptake of oxygen and the release of carbon dioxide and ammonia through the gills. A lack of electrolytes may cause serious health problems. API AQUARIUM SALT, made from evaporated sea water, provides these essential electrolytes. AQUARIUM SALT does not evaporate, and is not filtered out, so it should only be added with each water change. Care should be taken when using salt with live plants, as some plants may be sensitive.
- Add 1 rounded tablespoon for every 20 litres or ½ rounded teaspoon for every 4 litres of aquarium water.